Tuesday, April 21, 2009

my kind of jewelry



I have been in love with soldered pendants since I started seeing them around the cool boutiques and trade shows in Seattle about 3 or 4 years ago. The gift shop I used to work at (closed now) also had a local artist who made beautiful pendants using vintage photos and books. I was hooked! I have a collection of them and I always want more. I was always under the impression that the tools were unaffordable for some reason and never really got to the point of purchasing any myself...THEN My little sister purchased the tools to make them awhile back and occassionally I get to play with her! I really need to get some of my own equiptment I have so many ideas floating around in my head of things I want to make given the tools and time. I love how these turned out. Pictures arent great because we had 3 little ones running around and we had to be very careful with the soldering gun but hey I am using every little piece of the mushrooms and gnomes in the most thought out ways
;-)

6 comments:

Giddy for Paisley said...

That's my kind of jewelry too! You should buy the equipment then I can come over and make one with the VW Heather Ross Vans ;)

You are so creative and talented.

Patti said...

LOVE THIS!! I wanna make some, too! Hey, let me know what all is involved. I think Karl has a soldering tool (gun? doo-hickey?). Then I know you need flux and solder... and the metal tape... right? I always loved Muffy's pendants and wanted more of them, too. I love the one you made for me with the girls' photo... wear it all the time!

kymberli q. said...

Adorable! Is there anything you CAN'T do?!

Christina said...

Awesome! I love them. I need to get a mushroom scrap from you! ;) I will need to steal a corner of my moms gnome fabric. :) We have a sodering gun (mom and Aaron) so we should definatly plan on a girls night to make some. What else do we need?

Christina said...

OH, I should say I especially love the one you have with the picture of you and the girls. I just think that is so sweet.

Three Dancing Magpies said...

So funny I have been thinking about these for over a year. Bought everything I needed to start last August on EBAY and ETSY . . . it is all still in the box. With a friend we actually have an ETSY shop where we sell sterling silver hand stamped stuff and we really need to solder, but I am scared to start. I thought it would be fun to make one and send them out with swaps! Love your photos which is what lead me to your blog. Also I need to figure out what we are swapping!

Love them!